Severe Burn Accidents
With over 486,000 burn injuries happening each year, burns are not an uncommon injury. Sometimes, a severe burn is caused by accidentally spilling a cup of hot chocolate on ourselves. Other times, severe burns are the result of someone else’s negligent behavior. This negligent behavior may lead to explosions, fires, or spills. Burns should not be taken lightly as they can cause extensive injuries requiring lengthy hospital stays, expensive prescriptions, permanent disfigurement, and more.
Causes of a Severe Burn Accident
There are many things that could happen that could lead to someone experiencing a severe burn. Some of the most common are:
- Unsafe work conditions that may lead to fires, explosions, or inhalation of unsafe chemicals that burn the lungs. Chemical spills can also happen in the workplace, which could burn a person’s skin.
- Broken or missing smoke detectors in an apartment that could cause a resident to react too slowly to a fire.
- Stoves that are improperly installed that could cause a pot of boiling water to spill.
- Defective products that could start a fire or give an electrical shock to someone.
- Defective parts in a car that could catch on fire during an accident or during regular usage.
- A boiler in a workplace which may go awry and severely burn employees. Burns from a boiler could even be fatal.
No matter how the burn occurs, it’s important to seek medical treatment immediately.
What Type of Claim Should I File?
Depending on where and how your burns occurred, your type of claim could change. If the accident happened at work, you may also be eligible to file a workers compensation claim. Regardless of the scenario, burn injury claims are complex. Insurance companies often don’t correctly estimate the true cost of your injuries, leaving you in a financial mess. Litner + Deganian understands the pain that this injury has cost you, and we’re here to help you get back on your feet.
Give us a call today and we’ll be happy to talk through your case.
Litner + Deganian Posts Related To Severe Burn Accidents:
3 personal injury claim mistakes
5 essential things to do after an injury
Defining some common personal injury terms