2021 Litner + Deganian College Scholarship Program
2021 Scholarship Program – Car Safety Scared Straight!
At Litner + Deganian, we understand the financial burden of obtaining a college, technical or graduate degree. That’s why we’re so pleased to announce the 4th annual scholarship contest “Car Safety Scared Straight!”
Car drivers are killing people – and it’s getting worse
While 2019 car accident deaths were the lowest they’d been in years, the stats for 2020 were not so great—especially considering people drove many fewer miles overall with virtual school and work. Driver safety continues to be a challenge in the United States, and for teens, it’s still the second leading cause of death.
Our Litner + Deganian attorneys see firsthand how serious crashes affect teens and young adults, both physically and mentally. No one should ever have to go through a car crash, but sometimes, putting yourself in a “what if” mindset can act as a gentle reminder to focus, drive safely and improve your habits.
2021 contest – create a Scared Straight! video that encourages safer driving
Scared Straight! was a documentary series that used actual prison inmates to yell at teen criminals in an attempt to “scare them straight”—clean up their acts to avoid prison.
It’s your turn. Pretend you’re an accident victim, or someone who caused a crash, and share that experience in a 1-2 minute video. The goal is to describe your experience in a graphic way that leaves viewers feeling “Scared Straight!” causing them to improve their own driving behavior. Load your video on YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, or Instagram, and complete the application below. The creator of the most compelling video will win the scholarship award.
Here are some tips to improve your chances of winning
- Be creative. Use friends, video, sound, images, makeup, etc. to provide a graphic warning about unsafe or distracted driving behaviors.
- Be original. Create your own video. Cite any work created by other people or companies. No plagiarism!
- Be careful. Videos utilizing actual unsafe behavior will be immediately disqualified.
- Be serious. Litner + Deganian clients are real people who have been involved in traumatic accidents. Steer clear of silly messages.
- Be on-time. Complete and submit the application by the deadline. Don’t forget to link to your video!
Win a $2,500 scholarship award to your college or trade school
One applicant will be awarded a $2,500 scholarship for the 2021 fall semester. To apply for the 2021 Scholarship Program:
- Create your 1-2 minute video as described above.
- Complete the program submission form below, including a link to your video on YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, or Instagram.
- Agree to the rules, terms, and conditions.
- Submit by March 31, 2021, at 5PM EDT.
Winner will be announced in late April, 2021
The winner of the 4th Annual Litner + Deganian Scholarship will be announced here on the Litner + Deganian website scholarship page and notified by email in late April, 2021. Please note that the winner’s $2,500 scholarship award will be issued directly to a college, university, or trade school financial aid office.
We are reviewing the 2021 Scholarship Applications.
The deadline to apply for the 2021 Litner + Deganian Scholarship has now passed. We are reviewing applications and will announce the winner in late April.